Congratulations on taking the plunge to become a wig wearer! Wearing a wig can be a fun and empowering experience, but it can also be a bit intimidating if you are new to it. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Invest in a good quality wig. A good wig will look more natural and last longer. Here at IVHS we source the highest quality to provide long-wearing and lasting hair pieces.
- Make sure your wig is fitted correctly. If it’s too tight, it can cause a headache and if it is too loose you can loose it's placement and cause shifting or give a "wiggy-look". IVHS custom-makes wigs that fit exact and are glueless. This look gives an elegant scalp-looking application.
- Have a few different styles and colors. This will give you more options so you can switch up your look. I always say add the color and cut you like to the wig not your hair.
- Consider getting a wig cap. This will help keep your wig securely in place and will also help prevent your own hair from becoming tangled in the wig. A flesh-tone wig cap also helps with a seamless wig install.
- Take good care of your wig. Gently brush it and use a moisturizing shampoo & conditioner to keep it looking its best. It's human hair so care and maintenance is key to longevity.
- Be creative and have fun with it! Wearing a wig is a great way to express yourself and add a little extra flair to your style.